Thursday, July 06, 2006

oliver and boyd

Oliver and Boyd. I wanted to do something completely different for a couple of hours and so this just happened. It's a rough for an idea I've had for creating little theatre sets in cigar boxes. So I'm collecting cigar boxes like mad and they are sitting in my studio - just looking lovely as they are, with the wood and labels, typography and pattern, old and used and torn and worn, (I wonder if these little theatre sets will actually get created...)
For this illustration, I've used two characters that keep popping up in my work. Oliver is from my 'Bull' series, he's removabull. And Boyd just appears every now and then and never looks quite happy, and they only got their names last night. I thought they should have 'stage names'.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're back - was beginning to worry! Love the cigar box idea and the characters.

Natascha Rosenberg said...

I love it!

Diane Duda said...

Very cute and clever!